Skip to main content

For The Rest Of My Life (Part-5)

Part-5

Our first destination is ‘Se Cathedral’ church. This is one of the largest churches in Asia and is dedicated to St. Catherine. Legend has it that the Golden Bell of this cathedral can be heard all over Goa. This is indeed one of the beautiful places I have ever visited in my life, peaceful and marvelously decorated.

‘I hope you like the place.’ Eric asks.

‘I am in love with this place. Thanks for tagging me here along with you.’ I say.

‘Thanks for accompanying me pretty lady.’ He winks.

We roam around the church admiring its architecture.

‘I have heard every wish fulfils here.’ He tells me.

‘Really?’ I ask.

‘Yes. Lets lit the candle and make a wish.’ He suggests.

We take candles and go to lit candles. Eric is by my side. He looks into my eyes. His eyes want to convey something which his lips aren’t saying. I always feel he is hiding something.

He smiles as if silently promising me that he’ll always be there with me. I’m unable to guess what is going on. Is it some way of Almighty to make me realize that he is the one for me?

We kneel down in front of Jesus and lit our candles together. I close my eyes and pray to God, ‘Lord I don’t know what is right for me but I have faith in you. Lord please give me some sign to know if Eric is the one for me.’

Just then an idea darts into my brain. If my candle blows off first I’ll leave the thought that he has feelings for me and if it does not we’ll stay together. I clasp my hands tightly, keeping my eyes transfixed at the flames of our candles. Slowly the candles melt. As they come to an end my heart starts racing. The flames flicker, struggling to survive, fighting for their existence. At last his candle blows off first and my candle survives. I am happy beyond words. God has given me the signal that he is the one for me. I almost jumped at the thought. This sign of God has multiplied my joys and divided my confusions.

After the cathedral visit, we spend our whole day in each other’s company. He is no more a stranger to me. I feel secure in his company. He is different from other guys. I cannot make out what exactly captivated me about him but his charms never fails to mesmerize me.

I’m feeling butterflies in my tummy. I am in love…I am in love…I am in love; I want to shout out loud. But I still have to find out if he feels the same for me or not. Though his gestures say it all but I don’t want to take a chance. I am having the best time of my life with him. Had I given chance, I would have spent my whole life in his arms. He is just way too perfect. I am not able to keep myself off from his charms.

Next few days of shoot pass nicely in his company. We spend our evenings together after the shoot. We go for walk on the beach, make sandcastles and collect shells on the shore. He makes me laugh like never before. Every time he is around I forget the whole world. He has become my world. This trip has turned out to be super exciting to me.

Ashutosh announces, ‘Pack up.’

We’re done with last scene of shoot where Eric and I have endorsed the perfume brand. Ashutosh praises us for the good work.

Today it was last day of our advertisement shoot. After the shoot Eric has asked me out for a dinner date. I’m pretty sure he has planned something special for tonight. I’m looking forward to it. Maybe he’ll confess his love for me today.

Everyone is relieved and excited to celebrate last night of Goa trip. I am excited too but for some other reason. I am eager to know what Eric has planned. It’s hard for me to wait for the moment. I hope last night of Goa trip is going to be memorable for me.

To be continued...

KaNyA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forever in love♥

After two weeks of cold war. Vidaan decided to break the ice. He dialed a well known number on his iPhone. A beautiful face flashed on his mobile screen.  The face he loved more than his life. His reason to live. He waited for the call to be received. "Hello." "Hey love. " "Why did you call me?" "I want to meet you. We need to talk." "No. There is nothing left to talk. " "Naina for the sake of our love please don't say no." After a pause "Okay " "I'll wait for you at the same place." "I'll be there by 7 p.m." "Thank you." Call was disconnected without any further reply. Vidaan glanced at watch. It struck 2:00 pm. "Still 5 hours in hand" he said to himself.  He called his secretary and instructed her to cancel all his meetings for the day. He immediately left office in his favorite SUV. He put on the music and it played "Dil ibadat kar

A Star Studded Night

Sitting under the star studded sky with you This feeling is so very special and new If I were a poet I would've described How it feels when you sit by my side ... Looking into my eyes when you say my name Hold my hand in yours, our eyes play game As your lips trace the path to my lips I can't control, the beat of my heart skips ... When your fingers wander aimlessly on my skin I give in to my senses, I don't care if it is a sin As the night advances to its glory The love marks on my skin tell a new story... The story tells about  the conquest of love and lust How the darkness take over and emotions burst How the two souls mingle into one How both struggle to win and loses none... The end of battle is so enthralling and lovely Its painful and pleasurable simultaneously I wish the night to last forever The moments are precious like a treasure... #KANYA

You Are Not Alone...

            You’re Not Alone "The Castle"  written in big italic golden letters on the black graphite nameplate. How beautiful it looks. After so many prolonged discussions we’d decided this name for our newly built bungalow, two years back, before getting married. The memories of the day are still fresh when I came here after marriage. It was lavishly adorned with colorful flowers, illuminated with countless lights. Two years have bygone. It still looks marvelous. I close my eyes. Some images appear.  I’m wearing a red saree with matching golden blouse. My wrists are filled with red bangles. Intricate heena design is applied on my palms till my forearm. There are silver anklets in my legs. The tinkling sounds of bangles and my laughter are adding melody in the air. I’m running down the white marble stairs. He is running after me to catch me. He is just a few steps away. I turn back and tease him by waving his childhood pic, in which he is wearing a pink frock and hat. He