Skip to main content

For The Rest Of My Life (Part-7)

Part-7

He runs his fingers softly from my forehead to my lips. I kiss his fingers resting onto my lips. He leans over my fragile body. I close my eyes in ecstasy. I surrender myself completely to him. 


‘Good night pretty lady.’ He whispers in my ear and gets up to leave.


I open my eyes in utter shock. I lay shell shocked on the huge bed. He walks away. I count the steps he takes. I watch him going. He stops at door, turns back and smiles. I don’t know how to react. He leaves.

I’m baffled with his demeanor but still I am elated to the core. I had had the night of my life. I smile to myself. I decide to confront Eric in the morning and confess my love for him. I know he loves me too but something is preventing him to say. If he can’t, I have to say now.  I cannot hold it any more as I have to leave for Delhi tomorrow. Before leaving I want to tell him that he means world to me. Soon I doze off thinking about the moments I spent with him.

Morning arrives. I wake up when the morning rays kiss my eyes. No sooner I open my eyes, memories of last night flash in my mind. I find myself smiling and blushing. I have made up my mind to confess my love today. I am excited and nervous at the same time. Excited because I have found the love of my life. Nervous because I don’t know how will I say that I love him. I rub my palms in anticipation. I get ready in a jiffy and head towards lobby. Every day he waits for me there.

As I enter the lobby, my eyes search for him. He is nowhere in sight. I wait for him for few minutes. He doesn’t arrive. I am impatient now. I decide to enquire at reception. I go to receptionist and ask for his room number. She informs me that he has already checked out early in the morning. I am shocked to hear this. I ask for his cell number and I get another shock when she tells me that he has instructed the hotel staff not to provide his details to anyone.

Tears appear at the edges of my eyes. How can he go away? How can he do this to me? Why didn’t he tell me last night if he has to go? Why has he gone without letting me know? So many how’s and whys are in my mind. Tears start rolling down from my eyes. I run back to my room crying profusely.

I have only one way to reach him, Ashutosh. He must be having his cell number. I text Ashu asking for his number. Within no time he texts back. I dial the number, hoping to hear from him but sit’s switched off. Tears continue to flow. I try again & again. It’s futile. I pack my bags and leave for airport. Throughout the journey I cry.

                            *********

It’s been six months since my rendezvous with Eric but memories of the time we had spent together are still as fresh as the dew drops on rose petals. Ever since I have returned from Goa I haven’t taken any new projects. I have deserted myself from this materialistic world. I am still trying to figure out what made him take that sudden decision. What wrong I had committed? As I think of him a feeling of loneliness envelops me firmly.

Love is a strange feeling. He came into my life like a silent storm and before leaving he devoured it. Nothing seems right now. Nothing soothes my heart. I’m crumbled into tiny pieces. Every piece takes only his name. I don’t know why my life took such unexpected turn. How happy and cheerful I was before meeting him. A happy-go-lucky girl who used to give damn to the world. Now I have become a body without soul. He has taken away my soul with him.

I cannot stop missing him. His smile, his voice, his touch, his kiss, his presence, I miss everything about him. My eyes refuse to dry. I have tried to search him on all social networking sites but my all efforts go in vain. The number Ashutosh has given me is still switched off.


My sinking heart feels a piercing pain. Copious tears run down from my eyes to my cheeks. I crave for him. My mind takes me back to the night when he kissed me. ‘Good night, pretty lady’, his voice echo in my head. His last look is preserved in my eyes. I cry and cry, helpless. My stubborn heart isn’t ready to absorb this truth.

On that day in Se Cathedral, when the flame of my candle survived, I thought its God’s signal to let me know that he is the one for me. I misinterpreted his signal. I was so wrong. His candle blew off first; it was God’s signal to make me understand that he would leave me. Why didn’t I realize it then? Love brings heartache, I should have known.

To be continued…

❤KaNya

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forever in love♥

After two weeks of cold war. Vidaan decided to break the ice. He dialed a well known number on his iPhone. A beautiful face flashed on his mobile screen.  The face he loved more than his life. His reason to live. He waited for the call to be received. "Hello." "Hey love. " "Why did you call me?" "I want to meet you. We need to talk." "No. There is nothing left to talk. " "Naina for the sake of our love please don't say no." After a pause "Okay " "I'll wait for you at the same place." "I'll be there by 7 p.m." "Thank you." Call was disconnected without any further reply. Vidaan glanced at watch. It struck 2:00 pm. "Still 5 hours in hand" he said to himself.  He called his secretary and instructed her to cancel all his meetings for the day. He immediately left office in his favorite SUV. He put on the music and it played "Dil ibadat kar

A Star Studded Night

Sitting under the star studded sky with you This feeling is so very special and new If I were a poet I would've described How it feels when you sit by my side ... Looking into my eyes when you say my name Hold my hand in yours, our eyes play game As your lips trace the path to my lips I can't control, the beat of my heart skips ... When your fingers wander aimlessly on my skin I give in to my senses, I don't care if it is a sin As the night advances to its glory The love marks on my skin tell a new story... The story tells about  the conquest of love and lust How the darkness take over and emotions burst How the two souls mingle into one How both struggle to win and loses none... The end of battle is so enthralling and lovely Its painful and pleasurable simultaneously I wish the night to last forever The moments are precious like a treasure... #KANYA

You Are Not Alone...

            You’re Not Alone "The Castle"  written in big italic golden letters on the black graphite nameplate. How beautiful it looks. After so many prolonged discussions we’d decided this name for our newly built bungalow, two years back, before getting married. The memories of the day are still fresh when I came here after marriage. It was lavishly adorned with colorful flowers, illuminated with countless lights. Two years have bygone. It still looks marvelous. I close my eyes. Some images appear.  I’m wearing a red saree with matching golden blouse. My wrists are filled with red bangles. Intricate heena design is applied on my palms till my forearm. There are silver anklets in my legs. The tinkling sounds of bangles and my laughter are adding melody in the air. I’m running down the white marble stairs. He is running after me to catch me. He is just a few steps away. I turn back and tease him by waving his childhood pic, in which he is wearing a pink frock and hat. He