Skip to main content

For The Rest Of My Life (Last Part)

Last Part

Two more months have bygone. I’m working on many new projects. Working all day and night has somehow helped me in moving on. Although still sometimes his memories hit me and I feel defeated but now I have learnt to live with the fact that we’ll never meet again. He was my past. I cannot let my past ruin my future. Anvita has helped me a lot in this tough phase of my life. She has always been with me as my unflinching support. She has helped me in getting new projects. We have worked together in some projects as well.

After a long time working like maniacs, today we have decided to spend this weekend at our flat. She makes coffee for us. We sit in the balcony of our flat. Being in her company I always feel comfortable. We discuss about our new projects, latest movies, songs, dresses and everything under the sun we can talk about. She tells me that she has crush on one of her producer. We smile, we laugh, we enjoy. A typical girl’s day at home. In the evening we decide to go out for dinner. We get dressed up. We are about to leave when my cellphone blares. I receive the call. I talk for a while changing my expressions from serious to surprised to excited and as soon as I hang up, I shout aloud, ‘Yayyyyyyyyy…..’
I scream so loudly that Anvi fairly jumps out of her chair.

‘What happened?’ she asks in bewilderment.

I hold her hands and make her spin around with me.

‘Alisha will you please tell me what has happened?’ She asks getting breathless.

‘You remember I told you I have sent my portfolio to the famous designer Vikram Kochar? 

‘Yes I remember. So?’ She questions

‘Sooo… I’m selected. He has offered me a ramp show for his new apparels collection Mystic Women, as a show stopper.’ I say revealing the reason of my excitement.

‘Wow! Congratulations girl. I am so happy for you.’ Says Anvi, equally excited as I.

After hearing this news we have got reason for party. We go for dinner and celebrate this happy moment.

The show is scheduled after three weeks. I am doing everything, regular workout, yoga, meditation and following a strict low caloric diet regime, to stay fit and healthy for the show. This is my first ever ramp show as a show stopper. This is going to be milestone in my career. I cannot let go this opportunity.

Three weeks slip quickly and finally the D Day arrives. I am dressed in a velvety black evening gown, sequins embedded at its edges. It resembles as the stars shining in a dark night. The sparkling network of jewels around my neck is enhancing the elegant attire. My lustrous hairs are resting on my shoulders, pinned with a tiara over my head. My face is glowing due to the perfect makeover. Even I am not able to recognize, it’s me.

Other models are going on ramp one by one, flashing their best smiles. I am waiting for my turn. Walking in front of eminent personalities of fashion world and bollywood celebrities and hundreds of cameras ready to capture your every move is not as easy as people think. One mistake and its all over. The mere thought is making me nervous.

It’s my turn to go. I close my eyes, remember God, do a short prayer, open my eyes and walk proudly, flashing my confident smile. Lights fall on me, cameras flash to capture glimpse of me and the crowd welcomes me with a huge round of applause. I feel proud and happy.

But my happiness doesn’t last long. It’s momentarily. My face turns pale when my gaze falls on a guy sitting in the second row of audience. I walk few more steps close to the edge of ramp. Now I can see him clearly. Our eyes meet. My smile fades. A shiver runs down my spine. My heart stops beating for a moment. I stand at the edge of ramp, dumfounded, expressionless, and unable to believe on what I have just seen. It’s Eric. My mind stops working. I forget that I have to walk back. My foot freeze.

My team understands there is something wrong with me. A co-model comes graciously and gestures me to move. It takes me a few moments to comprehend her gestures. Quickly I fake a smile and make my way back to the centre of ramp, to join Vikram Kochar and other models. I look again in the audience. Eric is not there. I am puzzled. Audience gives us a huge round of applause with smiles and appreciation. The show is successfully over.

‘Was he really Eric or it was just my imagination?’ questions my mind.

‘Yes, he was Eric. I eyes can never do mistake in recognizing him.’ My heart confirms.

What is he doing here? Why has he come back?

I’m in a whirl since I’ve seen Eric. My body is cold. My heart is beating frantically. My face is ashen. Life is so brutal. Just when I started believing I have moved on and healed, he has come back to shatter my illusions. After nine months, the healed wounds are scratched once again. Now I realize they were never healed at the first place. It was only me who was living with false belief that I have moved on. The wounds are still raw. The pain is indefinable. It’s tearing me apart. Why has he come back? What does he want now? One part of me wants to hug him, nestle in his arms, relive those moments but other part of me says to stay away. I am confused. I am powerless.

Vikram sir comes to green room to congratulate me personally for the success of show. He asks me to join after show dinner party. I refuse politely telling him that I have severe headache and I need some rests. Seeing my expressionless he believes whatever I say. He genuinely agrees. I change into casuals and leave for home. I feel weak in my knees as I walk towards the parking area. The clouds of memories are resurfacing. My eyes are wet.

‘Alisha…’ I hear a faint voice uttering my name.

I recognize the voice immediately. Tears trickle down from my eyes. I gather all my strength and keep on walking. I hold the keys of my car to unlock it. Tears smudge the outlines of my eyes.

‘Alisha…’ I hear the voice again. This time loud and clear, just behind me. I stand still.

‘Alisha.. I’m sorry.’ The pain is clear in the voice. He puts his hands on my shoulders and makes me turn to face him.

I keep my head low. I cannot face him. My eyes continue to pour.
He holds my face in his hands and kisses my forehead. Slowly, I look up into his eyes. The same mesmerizing green eyes which made me sweep off my feet nine months back. The same charming face which used to appear every time I closed my eyes and left me sleepless for several nights.

‘Why did you go away?’ I ask softly. The only question which was puzzling me from last nine months.

‘I’m sorry Alisha that I left you without any explanations but the situations weren’t in my favor at that time.’ He says.

‘I want to know the reason why you did this to me?’

‘The real reason for my abrupt departure was that I was bankrupt at that time. I was submerged in the sea of debts. I was doing that advertisement because Ashutosh promised me to pay in cash. I didn’t even have a fix place to live in. You remember I told you I am a wanderer. I had nothing to give you. When we met I had no intentions to fall in love with you but your smile touched my soul and I lost my heart to you. I tried to tell you everything so many times but couldn’t dare to say. On that night I so desperately wanted to touch and feel you but I couldn’t be so selfish so I kissed you and left my last impressions on you. Next morning I checked out so that you couldn’t find me as I knew if I would face you, I’ll break down. I thought we’ll never meet again and you’ll find someone who deserves you, someone who would give you all the comforts and luxuries of life. Trust me Alisha there wasn’t a single moment when I didn’t miss you. Every time I saw the advertisement we did together, I felt like crying. Whenever I saw your pic with sandcastle, I reminded the moments I spent with you. I missed you so much Alisha. Beyond words.’ He narrates his story.

Tears are flowing from his eyes. His eyes show that he isn’t lying.

‘Why did you come back now?’ I ask again.

‘Within few days I realized that I cannot live without you. I needed you so much in my life so I took every small or big project which came my way. Fortunately I got some international modeling assignments and went to USA. I worked hard to earn enough money so that I can give you all the comforts of life. Some days back when I returned to India, I contacted Ashutosh to know about you. He told me that you’re here in Delhi. From some other sources I came to know you’re doing Vikram Kochar’s show and then I decided to meet you here.’ He explains.

‘Why didn’t you tell me the truth Eric? Money didn’t matter to me. I wanted you. Next morning I wanted to tell you that you mean the world to me but you were gone. Do you even have clue how much I missed you? I was broken and shattered. You didn’t go alone; you took my soul away with you. I was living like a corpse here. I was….’

Before I can complete my words he puts finger on my lips. He wipes my tears and hugs me.

‘I’m really sorry Alisa. Please don’t cry. Now I’m here and I’ll never leave you again. You’re my love. You’re my life. You’re my everything.’ He wraps me tightly in his arms.

I have no power to resist. I hold him closely. His body touches mine and I feel the same warmth I had felt nice months back. I remember the last night he was closer to me.

‘I love you Alisha.’ He whispers and plants a kiss on my cheek.

‘Say it again.’ I want to confirm that I’m not in a dream. I was dying to hear this since eternity.

‘I love you Alisha….I love you… I love you…I love you. I loved you from the day I saw you first and I will love you forever.’ He repeats and makes me believe that it’s not a dream.

‘I love you too.’ Finally I say the three magical words to him. I have always dreamt of this moment.

He pulls me closer to him. I surrender myself. The distance between our lips reduces. He bends. Our lips meet. He kisses me harder and deeper exploring every inch of me. It’s a complete bliss, much better than the earlier one. I feel ecstatic. The kiss continues until we realize we need oxygen to breath. We pull back. We are breathless. He looks into my eyes. I am blushing like hell. He smiles. I smile back. My smiles are back. I love him like crazy.

‘I love you Alisha.’ He says once again.

‘Promise me you’ll never go again.’ I say.

‘I promise I’ll always be there with you.’ He promises.

He embraces me in his arms closer to his heart. I can hear is heartbeat. I know this is the beginning of my fairytale. I have found my Prince Charming. We’re meant to be together. I have loved him always. I’ll love him for the rest of my life…

KaNyA

Credits: Anvita, Sweta and Nakul(DJ Blood Moon)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forever in love♥

After two weeks of cold war. Vidaan decided to break the ice. He dialed a well known number on his iPhone. A beautiful face flashed on his mobile screen.  The face he loved more than his life. His reason to live. He waited for the call to be received. "Hello." "Hey love. " "Why did you call me?" "I want to meet you. We need to talk." "No. There is nothing left to talk. " "Naina for the sake of our love please don't say no." After a pause "Okay " "I'll wait for you at the same place." "I'll be there by 7 p.m." "Thank you." Call was disconnected without any further reply. Vidaan glanced at watch. It struck 2:00 pm. "Still 5 hours in hand" he said to himself.  He called his secretary and instructed her to cancel all his meetings for the day. He immediately left office in his favorite SUV. He put on the music and it played "Dil ibadat kar

A Star Studded Night

Sitting under the star studded sky with you This feeling is so very special and new If I were a poet I would've described How it feels when you sit by my side ... Looking into my eyes when you say my name Hold my hand in yours, our eyes play game As your lips trace the path to my lips I can't control, the beat of my heart skips ... When your fingers wander aimlessly on my skin I give in to my senses, I don't care if it is a sin As the night advances to its glory The love marks on my skin tell a new story... The story tells about  the conquest of love and lust How the darkness take over and emotions burst How the two souls mingle into one How both struggle to win and loses none... The end of battle is so enthralling and lovely Its painful and pleasurable simultaneously I wish the night to last forever The moments are precious like a treasure... #KANYA

You Are Not Alone...

            You’re Not Alone "The Castle"  written in big italic golden letters on the black graphite nameplate. How beautiful it looks. After so many prolonged discussions we’d decided this name for our newly built bungalow, two years back, before getting married. The memories of the day are still fresh when I came here after marriage. It was lavishly adorned with colorful flowers, illuminated with countless lights. Two years have bygone. It still looks marvelous. I close my eyes. Some images appear.  I’m wearing a red saree with matching golden blouse. My wrists are filled with red bangles. Intricate heena design is applied on my palms till my forearm. There are silver anklets in my legs. The tinkling sounds of bangles and my laughter are adding melody in the air. I’m running down the white marble stairs. He is running after me to catch me. He is just a few steps away. I turn back and tease him by waving his childhood pic, in which he is wearing a pink frock and hat. He