Skip to main content

One Night Changed Everything (Part-3)

Part-3

She was really confused now. How her mother knew she wanted to go for whole night when she didn’t even mention about it. She wanted to ask her mom but remained quite. The steel in her voice had made Ridhi scare. Moreover now she was unable to gather guts to ask again. Hopelessly she informed about the cancellation of plan. He was disappointed too but they couldn’t do anything.

Days passed. Weekend was approaching. Samarth was still insisting her to come. Her mind was not coming up with any plan to go.

It was Thursday morning when her mom received the invitation of her distant brother’s wedding in Kanpur, which she had to attend on Saturday. By no means could she miss to attend the wedding.

‘Mom, are you going to attend the wedding?’ Asked Ridhima, keeping her fingers crossed.

‘Yes, I am going and your dad is also going with me. We’ll return on Sunday evening. We are not taking Mahika with us because she has her session exams from Monday. You’ve to take care of her.’ She informed.

‘Thank you God. Thank you so much. My ears were aching to hear this.’ Ridhima thanked to God in her mind.

She was overjoyed to hear the news. She knew she would persuade Mahika easily. Mahika was her younger sister. She was pursuing her Bachelors from Lucknow University in Arts. She was a fun loving and jolly girl. She was a good singer and was learning music from a famous Lucknow music gharana from 5 years. She had won many singing competitions too. 

Ridhima couldn’t believe her luck. Now she could go to Vinayakpur with Samarth and all her friends. She was delighted at the thought of spending some cozy moments with Samarth. This was it. This was all she wanted. She called up Samarth and excitedly gave him the happy news.

‘You’re not kidding right?’ He asked, unable to believe what he just heard.

‘No Sweetheart…I’m not kidding. I am coming with you for real.’ She assured him.

‘That’s great darling. I promise this is going to be the best night of your life.’ He said and they hung up.

Finally arrived the awaited grand Saturday. Ridhima’s heart was thumping with excitement. She could hardly concentrate on anything. It was 5:30 P.M. Her dad was sipping coffee at dining table in the hall talking to some of his patient about his medicines. Her mother was getting dressed in her bedroom. Mahika was watching Princess Rapunzel movie on Disney channel. Ridhima was sitting on sofa holding a book in her hands, pretending to study but she was watching every activity from the corner of her eyes.

‘Tripti, are you ready? We’ve to attend wedding today, not next week.’ Her father called out her mother.

‘Yes, coming.’ Her mother replied from inside her bedroom.

Why these women take so much time to get ready?’ He murmured slowly.

Within two minutes, she appeared from her bedroom, elegantly dressed in a sea-green color chicken work saree and holding a brown leather handbag. Even in her early forties she looked beautiful. Anyone could easily guess from where Ridhima and Mahika had inherited their beauty and charm. Her daughters came running and hugged her.

‘You’re looking very pretty maa.’ Mahika complemented her mom.


‘Thank you Mahi’ She blushed a bit.


‘Mahi you study for your exams. Don’t watch TV whole day. You have to score well, right?’ Her mom said slapping her cheek softly.

‘Don’t worry maa I won’t give you any chance to complain.' She replied sweetly.

‘Ridhi, I’ve arranged everything for both you in kitchen. You won’t need to cook anything. You both eat on time. We’ll come back soon.’ She said to Ridhima, instructing her.

‘Yes mom, we’ll eat on time. You worry too much for no reason. You just go and enjoy.’ Said Ridhima, confidently.

Her dad picked up the bags and kept them in car. Her mother too walked behind him. Ridhima and Mahika followed to see them off.

‘Ridhi take care of yourself and Mahika.’ Her mother instructed her once again.

‘Don’t worry mom I’ll take care of everything.’ Ridhima replied.

They bade goodbye and left for Kanpur. Ridhima felt relaxed and happy. She checked her cellphone. There were five missed calls and twelve texts from Samarth. She quickly dialed his number and informed him that her parents had gone. He was thrilled to know. He told her to get ready and he would come to pick her up around 8 P.M.

It was 7 P.M. already. She went straight to her sister’s room where she was laying on the bed cuddling with her favorite teddy bear.

‘Mahi, can you stay alone for some time?’ Ridhima said slowly.

‘You’re going somewhere?’

‘Yeah..actually we have planned to do group study at Navya’s home. Pihu is also joining us.’ She lied. ‘But I’ll go only if you feel comfortable alone.’ She said praying in her heart to get answer in positive.

‘When will you come back? Mahika asked quietly.

‘Probably tomorrow morning.’ Ridhima replied nervously

‘Okay, you can go. I’m already having headache so I’ll sleep.’ She said rubbing fingers on her forehead.

‘Mahi are you okay? You need something? I think I should cancel my plan.’ Ridhima asked worriedly.

‘I’m alright. You don’t cancel your plan. It’s matter of just a night and I’ll sleep anyway so you can go.’ Mahi replied.

‘Are you sure Mahi?’ asked Ridhima.
She cared for her sister and didn’t want to leave her alone.

‘Yes I’m sure.’ Mahika replied.

‘Okay you take rest. I’m going to get ready.’ Ridhima said touching her forehead, little undecided whether she should go or not.

She went to her room. She wore a simple turquoise color evening dress, co-ordinated with a playboy watch and white kitten heels. She made a high ponytail with her silky hair. She was looking simple yet gorgeous. She was spraying perfume when her cellphone beeped. It was Pihu who informed her that due to some problem at her home she would not be able to come Vinayakpur.

To be continued

KaNyA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forever in love♥

After two weeks of cold war. Vidaan decided to break the ice. He dialed a well known number on his iPhone. A beautiful face flashed on his mobile screen.  The face he loved more than his life. His reason to live. He waited for the call to be received. "Hello." "Hey love. " "Why did you call me?" "I want to meet you. We need to talk." "No. There is nothing left to talk. " "Naina for the sake of our love please don't say no." After a pause "Okay " "I'll wait for you at the same place." "I'll be there by 7 p.m." "Thank you." Call was disconnected without any further reply. Vidaan glanced at watch. It struck 2:00 pm. "Still 5 hours in hand" he said to himself.  He called his secretary and instructed her to cancel all his meetings for the day. He immediately left office in his favorite SUV. He put on the music and it played "Dil ibadat kar

A Star Studded Night

Sitting under the star studded sky with you This feeling is so very special and new If I were a poet I would've described How it feels when you sit by my side ... Looking into my eyes when you say my name Hold my hand in yours, our eyes play game As your lips trace the path to my lips I can't control, the beat of my heart skips ... When your fingers wander aimlessly on my skin I give in to my senses, I don't care if it is a sin As the night advances to its glory The love marks on my skin tell a new story... The story tells about  the conquest of love and lust How the darkness take over and emotions burst How the two souls mingle into one How both struggle to win and loses none... The end of battle is so enthralling and lovely Its painful and pleasurable simultaneously I wish the night to last forever The moments are precious like a treasure... #KANYA

You Are Not Alone...

            You’re Not Alone "The Castle"  written in big italic golden letters on the black graphite nameplate. How beautiful it looks. After so many prolonged discussions we’d decided this name for our newly built bungalow, two years back, before getting married. The memories of the day are still fresh when I came here after marriage. It was lavishly adorned with colorful flowers, illuminated with countless lights. Two years have bygone. It still looks marvelous. I close my eyes. Some images appear.  I’m wearing a red saree with matching golden blouse. My wrists are filled with red bangles. Intricate heena design is applied on my palms till my forearm. There are silver anklets in my legs. The tinkling sounds of bangles and my laughter are adding melody in the air. I’m running down the white marble stairs. He is running after me to catch me. He is just a few steps away. I turn back and tease him by waving his childhood pic, in which he is wearing a pink frock and hat. He