Skip to main content

A Date To Remember(Last Part)


              Gumaan And Adaa


The Ambience Lounge
8 P.M.

Adaa entered the lounge. She looked around to check if Ansh has reached or not. She found Ansh already waiting for her. She smiled and walked to the table. Ansh was a way too happy to see Adaa today. He was all set to propose her once again. She came and sat opposite to him.

“I’m so happy to see you here.” Ansh initiated the conversation. He could not hide his excitement.

Adaa just smiled in response.

“Well I know it was Mauli’s plan but the good thing is that you are here with me.” He continued.

Adaa was still quite. A few seconds silence hung between them after which Adaa spoke.

“Ansh…” She said softly.
She was well aware of the fact that Ansh has a soft corner for her in his heart.

“Yes Adaa…”

“Ansh I’m sorry.” She uttered and looked away to hide her tears.

“Sorry? Sorry for what Adaa?”
Ansh had no idea what was going on. He was confused by this sudden reaction of Adaa.

“We can never be together. Nothing can happen between us.” She fumbled with words. Few tears escape from her eyes.

“You still love Gumaan. Is this the reason?” Ansh knew the truth. He just wanted to assure himself.

Adaa nodded.

Ansh felt repulsed and hurt. He had nothing to say. He looked at her face. Their eyes met and a torrent of tears followed afterwards from her eyes.

“Adaa…Adaa please don’t cry. I understand. I’ll never force you for anything.” He moved his hand over the table and placed it over Adaa’s hand to make her feel comfortable.
“It’s okay. We’re still best friends.” He continued in a conforting tone.

She felt little relieved by his words.

                         *****

Gumaan and Sanchi were sitting at one of the table, listening to the soothing music and looking at couples dancing cozily at the same lounge.

Sanchi had decided to come here because it was nearest from her home.

There was silence between them. Gumaan didn’t know what to say. Sanchi didn’t know from where to start. Her heart was telling her to confess her love. She looked at Gumaan. His face was expressionless. She smiled briefly and cursed her fate.

After some more moments at last she gave up and spoke.

“Thank you so much for coming here with me.” She said with a gentle curve on her lips.

“All because of you…” He softly replied.

“Till when you’re going to stay like this?” she asked.

“Like what?” He questioned back.

“Like this. In this sad mode?" She asked again.

“I’m not sad. I’m fine.” He faked a smile.

“Really?”

“Yeah…”

“Okay lets go to the dance floor.”

“No Sanchi… not now.”

But Sanchi was not ready to listen him. She got up from her place, held his hand and dragged him to the dance floor.

“Here comes the song for all the lovie-dovie couples out there.” DJ’s voice clouded the surrounding. At once high beats were replaced by the soothing piece of music.

Sanchi graciously circled her arms around Gumaan’s neck and he tried to match her moves. He was feeling so uneasy doing all this. Discomfort was clear in his gesture. As soon as the song ended they split apart. Sanchi held his hand.

As they walked back to their table Gumaan saw a familiar face. It was Adaa sitting with Ansh. Their eyes met and shared a brief awkward moment asking a million unanswered questions. Gumaan stopped by her table.

“Hey…” Gumaan greeted Adaa.
His gaze was fixed at the table where Ansh was still holding her hand.

“Oh!!! She has moved on.” His heart yelled. He felt a strange pain. The pain of losing the love his life.

“Hi…It’s been a long time.” She replied.

“Yeah! Three years… So how are you?” He uttered reminding her what had happened three years back on the same date.

“I am good… and you?” Answered Adaa looking at Sanchi  holding Gumaan's hand.

“So he has moved on.” Her heart screamed in pain. She felt excruciating pain seeping inside her heart.

“I’m good too….” He replied calmly.

Both of them remained silent for a while.

“ So...I’ve to leave now. It’s already late.” Adaa said leaving her chair.
The sight of seeing Gumaan with someone else was unbearable for her.

“Sure...” Gumaan shortly replied.

He was still not recovered from the shock of seeing Adaa with some other guy holding her hand.

“Bye…take care.” Adaa said abstaining an eye to eye contact.

“Bye..you too take care.” Gumaan said. His voice trembled.

Adaa faked a smile holding back her tears and walked out. Ansh followed her.

Gumaan felt benumbed for some time. His eyes could not accredit what they just saw. He felt even his ears have abdicated him. He wasn’t able to decide if it was a reality or a delusion. Tears started flowing from his eyes. He walked out of the lounge and Sanchi followed him.

11-March, the day when they moved apart three years back and today once again on the same date they met and departed for forever. It was surely a date to remember.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Forever in love♥

After two weeks of cold war. Vidaan decided to break the ice. He dialed a well known number on his iPhone. A beautiful face flashed on his mobile screen.  The face he loved more than his life. His reason to live. He waited for the call to be received. "Hello." "Hey love. " "Why did you call me?" "I want to meet you. We need to talk." "No. There is nothing left to talk. " "Naina for the sake of our love please don't say no." After a pause "Okay " "I'll wait for you at the same place." "I'll be there by 7 p.m." "Thank you." Call was disconnected without any further reply. Vidaan glanced at watch. It struck 2:00 pm. "Still 5 hours in hand" he said to himself.  He called his secretary and instructed her to cancel all his meetings for the day. He immediately left office in his favorite SUV. He put on the music and it played "Dil ibadat kar...

One Night Changed Everything (Last Part)

Last Part The sound of scream made Ridhima shudder with fear. She pulled back. ‘Where did this sound come from?’ She asked. Her voice was trembling with fear. ‘Nothing darling… you don’t pay attention to all this.’ He replied casually. Sweat drops appeared on his own forehead. Some more muffled screams followed. ‘Tell me Samarth where are these sounds coming from?’ She demanded.  She was worried and terrified. ‘From other room…’ He replied, weakly. ‘You mean the voice is coming from the room where Tanmay, Varun and Rudra are staying?’ She questioned, startled. ‘Yes..’ He gave monosyllable reply. He was now little annoyed with this odd time quizzing. ‘What are they doing there?’ She shot another question. ‘They are enjoying their night Ridhi… now you stop thinking about all this. I don’t want to spoil our special night.’ He said and took her hand in his lovingly. Ridhima was little puzzled but she knew how Tanmay, Varun and Rudra are so she let it go. Samarth wrapped he...

A Stronger Version Of ME

I don't know from where to start Or what to say... You were the one I wanted forever to stay.. You used to make me smile.. With you I dreamed to live a fairy tale life.. You promised that you will always stay by my side.. I believed you..blindly I was in love with you..wholeheartedly Had you said, I would've given up everything But.. you decided to leave.. Without giving me a reason.. You always said you couldn't see tears in my eyes So had you closed your eyes when you left me in tears? With your silent departure, my smiles too left me.. Tears, sobs and memories are the one who accompany me.. What was my mistake I asked to God in pain.. No reply came.. my all prayers went in vain.. Days turned to months and months to years.. I endured the pain I never deserved to bear.. You never cared to come and see how I am.. Expecting you to come and hug me was lame.. Slowly and steadily I learnt to live without you.. Scars were too many, smiles were few.. I mad...